Hacking HOW TO INSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL ON 4.0 VIRGIN WII!!

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YES THERE IS A SOLUTION TO INSTALL HBC ON A VIRGIN WII ON 4.0!!

NOTE: If you Have a lu64 Wii this will not work.

WHAT YOU NEED:
http://rapidshare.de/files/47097860/Instal...on_4.0.zip.html
IOS35-64-v1040.wad (Search "Wii IOS Collection" on the Pirate Bay)
CIOSv7.wad (search up the thread called " The Ultimate Virgin 4.0 Softmod Guide" on the forums and download the pack and open up the wad folder and drag it to your wad folder on your SD card.)

STEP 1
Copy the "apps","WAD", and "Private" Folders to the root of your SD Card And Then add the IOS35-64-v1040.wad to the "WAD" folder on your SD card. Than after that open up the "apps" folder on your SD than open up the "CMDVDX34" folder and Copy the boot.dol and paste it on the root of your SD. Now take out your SD card and were ready to go!

STEP 2
Put the SD card in the SD slot in your wii, and then turn on your wii than go to Wii Options, than go to Data Management then select Channels then select SD Card then you will get a message saying "Load /boot.dol?" select "Yes" then CMDVDX34 should pop up and you should have a Downgrade IOS35 option to patch IOS35 to a lower revision. when it does finish Downgrading press the Home button on your wiimote 2 times again then we go on to the next step.

STEP 3
Take the SD card out of your wii and put it back in your PC again and then Delete the boot.dol on the root then open up the apps folder then open up "Wad Manager" folder and copy Its boot.dol and paste it on the root of your SD card and then take your SD out of your PC and put it in your wii and then boot up Wad Manager like you did with CMDVDX34 then when you boot up Wad Manager Install "IOS35-64-v1040.wad" and then when you install it hit the home Button 2 times and then restart your wii and then boot up Wad Manager again and this time install CIOSv7.wad and then restart your wii when its done installing, then We go on the next step.

STEP 4
Put your SD Card in your PC and go in to the "apps" folder and then go to the "Wad Manager" folder and copy it's boot.dol file and paste it on the root of your SD card then take it out of yoyr PC and back into your Wii. Boot up wad manager like the other apps then when you get to Wad Manager Install "HomeBrew Channel 1.01.wad" and when it finishes installing press the home button 2 times and it will restart your wii. and hbc should be there!

CREDIT:
Comex for BaNNeR BoMb and DVDx
Wainikoko for the apps
and GBAtemp Downloads for the HBC wad.

If they'res any problems please post.
smile.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i'm calling fake.

1. bannerbomb hasn't been released yet
2. the link to bannerbaomb says the file was deleted by uploader
rapidshare said:
This file has been deleted.
Reason: Deleted by uploader.
3. to install ios16 you'd first have to use any title deleter to uninstall the version already on the wii as it's a higher version

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
i'm calling fake.

1. bannerbomb hasn't been released yet
2. the link to bannerbaomb says the file was deleted by uploader
3. to install ios16 you'd first have to use any title deleter to uninstall the version already on the wii as it's a higher version
Isn't there 50 threads saying "BANNERBOMB HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!1!!one!" or is it just me?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Arm the Homeless said:
Isn't there 50 threads saying "BANNERBOMB HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!1!!one!" or is it just me?

sorry, my mistake :S
although the other two points are valid

hellsingfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone tested this to work? And what will the HBC do? Will we be able to play burned games, or is there something extra to that for it to work on 4.0u?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
wiiman123 said:
I don't see the point of using ios16 if you can just use cios_fix with wad manager instead.
you need the earlier (trucha vulnerable) version of ios16 in order to install fakesigned wads like cios_fix.wad

hellsingfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After performing this, will it allow for the Twilight Hack to work? Is this downgrading to a different firmware or what? Basically my question is: after doing this can someone play burned games when they have a virgin 4.0u Wii?

Anyone know (sorry I'm total noob, got a wii yesterday)

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
Wad Manager should pop up and then when it does select "cIOS60.wad" and install it.

There's no way this could possibly work on a virgin 4.0 system! You simply cannot use Wad Manager to install a cIOS without first having a cIOS or vulnerable IOS installed for Wad Manager to use (none on 4.0)! The only way you could possibly get this to work is if you use CMDVDX34, Downgrade IOS35 and run Wad Manager from this IOS to install cIOS60.wad (this is how you get your foot in the door).

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS16 won't install on a 4.0 Wii. What you do is run Comex's DVDX installer to downgrade IOS35, then install cIOS with Wad Manager 1.4 (running off of IOS35).

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiiman123 said:
I don't see the point of using ios16 if you can just use cios_fix with wad manager instead.

Secondly aside from Anytitle Deleter, you can't over write a higher version ios16 with a lower one without cios_fix.
Well you need to use IOS16 and Custom WM because cios_fix wont install.
secondly, i had an old version of IOS36 but when i Installed the newer version it just over wrote it.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of file hashes for WADs? It would be useful to know so we can make sure someone isn't posting corrupt or malicious WAD files.

Here is what I have:

IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
CRC32: 6EE4CC79
MD5: 9ED0D3E2E0A258B4C0E7BA4971800526
SHA-1: 494E77C7D82153BA2398D2A41A150EB91E8C7188

IOS36-64-v1042.wad
CRC32: 989DAB62
MD5: 0142CD153E87AFC4D368F04D2B89E930
SHA-1: 792933A29C22310BA9A324466F9765CD58B2D63E

If you need a utility to generate hashes, try HashTab: http://beeblebrox.org/hashtab/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo