Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Missing posts
Server maintenance
Hello, my fellow tempers!
As some of you have noticed, some of the older topics have got missing posts. The reason for this is simple: we are currently encountering major speed issues on the site, and as a temporary remedy we have decided to cut off the older posts. As a result, the speed has sharply improved, but for the time being a large majority of the older posts are not accessible, from various forums. Consequently random behavior may be encountered while browsing topics: missing posts, broken links, and so on.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience; we are currently working on a long-term solution for solving our issues, and when that happens, all the older posts will be restored. Thank you for your understanding!
The staff~

Update: in order to continue improving the site speed, we will be performing more maintenance operations in a near future.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I don't know the limit date but there is one, I deleted the first million posts (or so), so there should be a limit date somewhere...
well at least now the site is somewhat browsable, at times...

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn that I replied to this topic before.
unsure.gif

Seriously though, thanks for doing what you can to speed the site up.

[edit]looks like the date cutoff is around Feb 22nd, 2008. Is there any way to restore the content of the stickies?

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This interesting. What is meant by more maintenance operations?Is it specific deleting or mass deleting or something else all together?

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for telling us instead of going all 'TeamCyclops' on us.

You're practicing good board management!

striderx

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
purplesludge said:
This interesting. What is meant by more maintenance operations?Is it specific deleting or mass deleting or something else all together?
specifically I'm going to move the site to another server temporarily, so that I can reinstall the OS on our main server, I think it's fucked...

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Does the site keep track of unread posts for each user? On many major internet forums this has lead to huge slowdown. Over the course of a posters career there will be thousands of threads which are being kept track of as read, unread, or partially read. As you can imagine, this adds up.

Even as a temporary measure, removing posts by starting date is a bit unfair. Why not start with all posts with no replies?

e: not complaining here. Site performance is tops!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt