WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently writing a program called NUS Downloader (NUSD) which will be capable of downloading and packing WAD files from Nintendo's Update Server. This will be helpful whenever you need a certain System WAD (IOS36, Menu 3.2, etc.).

UPDATE: Released v1. NUS Downloader can be found on WiiBrew.

Currently I'm finishing the work on TMD information extraction (as seen below with the content names listed). I'll start now on the actual NUS download code, followed by perhaps WAD packing.

nusdv1.png

I most likely will not be writing my own packer, so I was curious as to what packer would best suite this process. It ideally should be able to pack the encrypted contents themselves without decryption.

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to say. I'd like to get them integrated before a release vs. after.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
I'm currently writing a program called NUS Downloader (NUSD) which will be capable of downloading and packing WAD files from Nintendo's Update Server. This will be helpful whenever you need a certain System WAD (IOS36, Menu 3.2, etc.).

Currently I'm finishing the work on TMD information extraction (as seen below with the content names listed). I'll start now on the actual NUS download code, followed by perhaps WAD packing.

nusdv1.png

I most likely will not be writing my own packer, so I was curious as to what packer would best suite this process. It ideally should be able to pack the encrypted contents themselves without decryption.

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to say. I'd like to get them integrated before a release vs. after.
awesome...only if this means i can download the new mii channel and check mii out channel and internet channel, then pack the wad and install sir.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
awesome...only if this means i can download the new mii channel and check mii out channel and internet channel, then pack the wad and install sir.

You will be able to do the Mii Channel for sure, probably the Check Mii Out Channel, however the Internet Channel and other purchased items are not possible. Things you normally have to pay for (VC, WiiWare, etc.) will not succeed in the download/packing process.

dablyth

Trophies
XP
Country
hi there i just went to use nus downloader and when i click on start NUS DOWNLOAD all files off my desktop vanished

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTf....this crap doesnt even work, i even used the Title ID's from the site it told me to, wiibrew! yeah nice try, this crap doesnt work..

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
junker_man32: Works great for me. It;'d be good if u describe your error... and If you're trying to do pay channels/games, it won't work...

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, ihave downloaded both versions of this now and none will run on my pc. i get error message....

The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). click on ok to terminate the application.

is there any other way to create these files as my wii is not connected to net?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, when I saw the first post, I though there was a compact version
tongue.gif

To not be completely off topic: You can only use Decrypt contents if you have the key.bin
But everyone probably knew that

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
drarab2 said:
will this work to update the system menu

Yeah, I know bumping after 4 months or sumin, but no question should go unanswered
tongue.gif

Yes you can update a Wii with this and sometihng to install the wads.

Be VERY careful installing a new system menu, you must first install the system menu IOS or you WILL brick your Wii.

System Menu 4.2 for example requires IOS 70 BEFORE installing the menu, othe menu versions require othe IOS, do reading or risk bricking.

The requires IOS "should" be listed here : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...