OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.yafaze.com/wii/tutorials.html

NO LONGER ANSWERING QUESTIONS.........sorry

UPDATES

GUIDE is now V4 (cleaned up and added more details and a big CIOS + HBC warning to save people making mistakes)

IOS60 workaround for those that get stuck installing 15/15 files need to find a patched IOS60 wad and install via Wad Manager.

NOTE: If you still have trucha (IOS60patched) installed and a modchip and you lose the Homebrew channel use THIS to install it again on 4.0 (Thanks to Davi92 for the edited HBC iso)

NOTE2: Because the Wii will run games from SD doesn't mean it avoids the risk of banner bricks, the wii still loads the games into memory before running them.

A note on trucha after updating

If you want Trucha back after installing 4.0 using the Direct Nintendo update use Waninkoko's IOSDowngrader (not CIOS Downgrader) or use Gecko OS as that works 100% tested.
Custom guitar Hero will require a IOSdowngrader run.

I haven't had any problems with any VC games (SSB is said to be a problem but 100% works here), just make sure they are for your region machine.

If you need help or don't know what something is in the guide DO NOT UPDATE ask around first.

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so why do oyu need to be on 3.2 for this to work i don't see any reason for this to be needed. also can the installment of ios60 be done after you have already updated?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't install ios60 with trucha patch on 3.4-4.0 that is why you need to downgrade.

You can try running the IOS60 installer on 3.4 but it will fail on patching.

The guide if followed entirely is really easy and only takes like 10mins.

P.s if you have already updated and have ios249 installed and HBC you can still downgrade using this guide and then follow from Part 2

NOTE: If you wanted to avoid the downgrade, you can always find a IOS60 and trucha patch that yourself then install using wad manager......but i spent hours looking and came up short, this is an easier way for most people.

wheresmymonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide.

I Have just done it and everything i have tested so far works without a problem

Haven't tried installing WADS yet, but moving and playing them from the SD card works fine.

Don't think i'll be moving the homebrew channel or Gecko OS just to be on the safe side though

now running firmware 4.0 PAL, wii key2, with gecko os.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
So Basically it's just IOS60 with Trucha Bug to enable pirated WiiWare/VC from the new SD menu?

Yes mate........exactly.

wheresmymonkeyGreat guide.

I Have just done it and everything i have tested so far works without a problem

Haven't tried installing WADS yet, but moving and playing them from the SD card works fine.

Don't think i'll be moving the homebrew channel or Gecko OS just to be on the safe side though

now running firmware 4.0 PAL, wii key2, with gecko os.

Lovely to hear.......
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
you don't really need to go back to 3.2 or to downgrade all IOS if you already have CIOS: all what you need is to have the IOS60 installer use the CIOS

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
you don't really need to go back to 3.2 or to downgrade all IOS if you already have CIOS: all what you need is to have the IOS60 installer use the CIOS

Well i tried several times to do it like that on 3.4 before updating and it wouldn't install, it gets to installing title as .................something fails, Sorry.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
I mean, you have to modify the Installer sourcecode to do something like IOS_Reload(249) in the first place

Hahaha Jacob, i ain't that talented......this guide is for NEWBIES mainly.

But hey if you want to do those changes, i wouldn't mind editing the guide.

wink.gif

P.s If you do edit it, take out the options to install the Shop Channel and IOS61 please mate!!

EDIT: never mind ppc_gba has edited it and i have update guide............waaaaay easier now.

Have fun

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions this Install IOS 60 + Patch IOS 60 and update your Wii and will it stay on 3.2? if not is it possible to downgrade your Wii and still have the SD Card Menu too? if I'm wrong please explain everything to have a better understanding sorry if I sound like a n00b
frown.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
TrapperKeeperX said:
I have some questions this Install IOS 60 + Patch IOS 60 and update your Wii and will it stay on 3.2? if not is it possible to downgrade your Wii and still have the SD Card Menu too? if I'm wrong please explain everything to have a better understanding sorry if I sound like a n00b
frown.gif

the SD CARD menu is part of system menu 4.0, it's like asking for windows 95 to look like Vista

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like I have to get another Wii because I don't want to lose my homebrew of Starfall,Gecko OS,Gamecube Backup Loader,Wii Backuploader Beta & Gamma I don't want to lose my stuff. Hopefully somebody will make a custom system menu for 3.2,3.3,3.4 with 4.0 Features I know this will take time to do.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
HBC, Wadmanager, etc... still funtional after 4.0 update?

What I don't understand is how the 4.0 update though Wii menu doesn't overwrite the hacked IOS60.

I'm a fraidy cat so...

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES to the last 2 posts.

Folow the guide and install IOS60, can be installed even after updating as long as you have ios249 installed.

Yes all apps work after update.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
It looks like I have to get another Wii because I don't want to lose my homebrew of Starfall,Gecko OS,Gamecube Backup Loader,Wii Backuploader Beta & Gamma I don't want to lose my stuff. Hopefully somebody will make a custom system menu for 3.2,3.3,3.4 with 4.0 Features I know this will take time to do.

All of those things run on 4.0 as long as they are installed before updating.......except starfall which atm doesn't run

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unsure.gif
Do tickets already need to be on the nand for unofficial wads to work?

In otherwords do you have to 1 time install, then delete the channel (using the wii menu, not wad uninstaller) before updating?

That would be quite a bit of work! Plus I really don´t want to lose Starfall, but maybe a newer version that will work might get released.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?