XP
Country
United States
r4logo.gif
R4i and M3i Real Release Soon
GameKool to have in Stock
r4ds.gif
m3real.gif
GameKool will have the M3i Real and the R4i available for pre-order soon.
Not much is known about these flashcarts (other than the fact they'll be compatible with the DSi), so I guess we'll find out soon!

icon11.gif
GameKool Website
discuss.png
Discuss

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
I'll be shocked if the R4i was developed by the official R4 team.
As will I.
rofl2.gif

I'm really waiting on more information about the flashcarts. If anyone is able to find any more info about the carts please let me know!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
JPH said:
psycoblaster said:
As will I.
rofl2.gif

I'm really waiting on more information about the flashcarts. If anyone is able to find any more info about the carts please let me know!
count me in
rofl2.gif

they should at least do an update for the DS though.

watch out the R4 zombies are after you....

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why won't the R4 just die..do people just like milking the R4 name? D: And whats with all these i's? I don't care if these flashcards are meant for the DSi, make an original name already instead of keeping the same flashcard name and adding an i at the end! Some creativity people!

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are these people doing? The R4 and M3 Real aren't firmware upgradeable. So unless they changed the carts significantly(which I doubt) I wouldn't recommend anyone buy these for months until we see what Nintendo does.

Sincerely,
Perseidi

al3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some random guy out for a quick buck has probably just slapped the r4 firmware inside a commercial rom like that ttds hackjob. but maybe there's more too it since it took em a while

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
JPH said:
psycoblaster said:
As will I.
rofl2.gif

count me in
rofl2.gif

they should at least do an update for the DS though.

watch out the R4 zombies are after you....
Quote nesting FTW. I can't bring myself to believe that this might be the real R4 team.

That doesn't mean it will be crap, but frankly I don't see R4 as a worthwhile investment anymore now that other better products are on the market for cheaper, such as DSTT and Acekard.

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Raiyu245 said:
Why won't the R4 just die..do people just like milking the R4 name? D: And whats with all these i's? I don't care if these flashcards are meant for the DSi, make an original name already instead of keeping the same flashcard name and adding an i at the end! Some creativity people!

what about "i" at the start?

"hey your ipod is way too loud youl blow and eardrum like that!"
"man dont worry, by the time that happens, the ihear will be cool"

tangyi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
really a big bomb...
so all of the flash karts come out in such a short time, is there anything strange?

hehe... all of them are using soft-hacking...

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If these really come from M3/R4 they better update their old carts firmware, too.

I hope people won't fall for them again.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The R4i is technically speaking not being developed by the original team as such, simply because the R4 team no longer exists, they disbanded months ago. It is being produced in 1 of the 3 factories in which all R4's are manufactured along with the R4 III and R4 SDHC. These factories do have small "teams" working on the loader with access to the source code, but don't generally speaking release major firmware revisions. These carts are simply made to turn a quick profit.

What I just said can pretty much go for the M3i Real too. This is also why the carts do not necessarily appear on the official websites.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the R4i used the same method to get working on the DSi as the TTDSi, by hacking up an original game ROM.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
shaunj66 said:
The R4i is technically speaking not being developed by the original team as such, simply because the R4 team no longer exists, they disbanded months ago.
Do you have an idea who's behind those teams? I mean, I highly doubt that they form out of thin air, when they "disband" that means that they no longer got paid. It'd be quite interesting to know that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning