OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Recently Nintendo releases Wii games have shown #002 error if you are launching from GeckoOS.

Here is the fix:

change following pattern in main.dol (DonkeyKong Junglebeat JP),

2C 00 00 00 40 82 02 14 3C 60 80 00
to
2C 00 00 00 48 00 02 14 3C 60 80 00

(Sorry, I fixed too many 00s. 2C 00 00 00 is right)

then you can launch DonkeyKong JungleBeat JP from your GeckoOS. (Actually I tested this with GeckoOS 1.7b mod04 + cIOS based on IOS37 that supports Korean Discs)

the patch above is bypassing new check routine (#002) of OSInit of Wii soft.

Possibly this can patch NFS undocover as well. but I think the main excutable is not main.dol for this case. there are dol and elf file in the disc file system.

Good Luck!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much.

@Everybody:
You can use my toy to patch the main.dol on the fly, there is no need to not to use a untouched 1:1 copy.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122...p;#entry1626756

@Backup launcher people and NFS:
Please test my dcIOS55 from my multi_cios_installer with my toy and this patch. Be aware this cIOS does not have trucha support, so modifying the .iso and burn it, will not work. You can get the installer here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120912

@QLeap:
Does DonkeyKong Junglebeat require IOS37 or IOS55? You can get this information with wiidiscinfo or SoftChip. Have you seen my multi_cios_installer? It takes IOS55 and adds the dip from IOS36 or IOS37 to it, if you want and if you are capable to improve the installer, please do.

PS: I can't test this myself, i have none of the 002 games.

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
@QLeap:
Does DonkeyKong Junglebeat require IOS37 or IOS55? You can get this information with wiidiscinfo or SoftChip. Have you seen my multi_cios_installer? It takes IOS55 and adds the dip from IOS36 or IOS37 to it, if you want and if you are capable to improve the installer, please do.

DonkeyKong uses IOS53. but IOS37 seems fine so far. I played this game around with GeckoOS1.7b mod04 with cIOS based on IOS37 but no problem.

Sorry I haven't seen yours yet. I'm just interested in enable all games launching from GeckoOS.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QLeap said:
WiiPower said:
@QLeap:

DonkeyKong uses IOS53. but IOS37 seems fine so far. I played this game around with GeckoOS1.7b mod04 with cIOS based on IOS37 but no problem.

Sorry I haven't seen yours yet. I'm just interested in enable all games launching from GeckoOS.
smile.gif

Why GeckoOS? Hmm, take a look at my toy, it can load the main.dol from sd instead of the disc, it's based on SoftChip. The multi_cios_installer allows you to install cIOS36, cIOS37 and dcIOS55. cIOS36 from WiiGator, cIOS37 with rev7 dip patch and your patches (for trucha) except for the korean disc support and dcIOS55, just IOS55 with IOS36 or IOS37 rev7 dip. Oh, and you can select where to install, i think this is very handy if you handle multiple cIOS. SoftChip can change the IOS used during runtime(inside the menu of SoftChip).

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QLeap said:
Recently Nintendo releases Wii games have shown #002 error if you are launching from GeckoOS.

Here is the fix:

change following pattern in main.dol (DonkeyKong Junglebeat JP),

2C 00 00 00 00 40 82 02 14 3C 60 80 00
to
2C 00 00 00 00 48 00 02 14 3C 60 80 00

then you can launch DonkeyKong JungleBeat JP from your GeckoOS. (Actually I tested this with GeckoOS 1.7b mod04 + cIOS based on IOS37 that supports Korean Discs)

the patch above is bypassing new check routine (#002) of OSInit of Wii soft.

Possibly this can patch NFS undocover as well. but I think the main excutable is not main.dol for this case. there are dol and elf file in the disc file system.

Good Luck!

sorry for the noob question,but how do you patch main.dol??many thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
blueyuk said:

If you only get this information, open the main.dol in a hexeditor, search for the pattern and change it.

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
blueyuk said:

If you only get this information, open the main.dol in a hexeditor, search for the pattern and change it.

thanks for the reply..ive opened nfsu main.dol in winhex, what line do i need to change please??also how do you put patched main.dol back into the iso

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tested this and it appears to not be working. now it just freezes on a green screen. i also tried applying the error 1 fix simultaneously and it didn't help.
edit: i think your pattern has 2 too many zeroes after the 2c. i found the pattern 2C00000040820214 at offset 51c6a8. i tested the european release of nfs:u, so someone could still try the ntsc release (probably won't work).

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
just tested this and it appears to not be working. now it just freezes on a green screen. i also tried applying the error 1 fix simultaneously and it didn't help.
edit: i think your pattern has 2 too many zeroes after the 2c. i found the pattern 2C00000040820214 at offset 51c6a8. i tested the european release of nfs:u, so someone could still try the ntsc release (probably won't work).

Yes, you are right.

is right pattern.

And please note there are another executable files in NFS undercover disc.

NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol and NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf

And these will try to load IOS55 when this is about to execute. So I think IOS Version Patcher should be applied as well for this.

I'll check this by myself.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ppc_gba said:

Stupid question(you probably know more about backup launching than me):
Did you patch the video mode too? You have a NTSC Wii with a PAL game, right? I thought green screen freeze is a region error. It could be that you passed the protection and then the game tries to configure the video mode.

PS: If you patch the video mode to your region you need the system settings video mode in my toy

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the system settings video mode and disc setting video mode options in your softchip toy. both left me at the same green crash screen. i noticed that normally a green screen shows for 1/2 of a second before the error 002 screen. i'm also still trying to implement the patches on the fly, they seem to not be taking effect with my on the fly patcher...

edit: i just tried patching the games video mode from pal to ntsc using generic wii patcher, but it appears to have no effect.i do wonder if we implemented an auto video mode fix in softchip if it would fix the return to wii menu crash for foreign games (pal at least possibly). somehow i doubt it but it's worth a try.

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here is a way to run NFS Undercover on IOS36.

1. WBB this disc if you don't want any update.
2. extract three files, main.dol, NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol and NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf. definitely main.dol should be patched. But not sure which one is secondary executable file.
So I patched all three files with the above pattern.

-->

3. Optionally use wglp2 (wii game language patcher v2) if you have other region wii than PAL. (I have JP Wii so I had to patched with this.)

4. replace original files with the patched files then fake sign it.

5. Use Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher to change required IOS number to 36 from 55.

6. Burn it.

7. Play it from disc channel in system menu.

I've tested this with my JP Wii and verified it works great.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Can't be pestered with all the patching, i mean all the new games are going to carry this 002 problem anyway, would be nice for some permanent patch or something, or a loader which can extract and use the required IOS's aswell as bypassing the 00 errors, That's what Nuke was thinking of......iv'e messaged Nuke again, awaiting a reply.....

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QLeap said:

2. extract three files, main.dol, NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol and NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf. definitely main.dol should be patched. But not sure which one is secondary executable file.

-->

3. Optionally use wglp2 (wii game language patcher v2) if you have other region wii than PAL. (I have JP Wii so I had to patched with this.)

5. Use Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher to change required IOS number to 36 from 55.

6. Burn it.

i cant find the pattern in win hex...is there a way to do download the patched files??also what program do i use for step 4??many thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ppc_gba said:
i tried the system settings video mode and disc setting video mode options in your softchip toy. both left me at the same green crash screen. i noticed that normally a green screen shows for 1/2 of a second before the error 002 screen. i'm also still trying to implement the patches on the fly, they seem to not be taking effect with my on the fly patcher...

edit: i just tried patching the games video mode from pal to ntsc using generic wii patcher, but it appears to have no effect.i do wonder if we implemented an auto video mode fix in softchip if it would fix the return to wii menu crash for foreign games (pal at least possibly). somehow i doubt it but it's worth a try.

Which cIOS do you test for this and where is it installed? And do you have a modchip?

Is the patching with my toy not working in general or just only for NFS?

QLeap said:

-->

6. Burn it.

Do you have a modchip?

Posts merged

djdynamite123 said:
Can't be pestered with all the patching, i mean all the new games are going to carry this 002 problem anyway, would be nice for some permanent patch or something, or a loader which can extract and use the required IOS's aswell as bypassing the 00 errors, That's what Nuke was thinking of......iv'e messaged Nuke again, awaiting a reply.....

My goal is to get these games working with untouched 1:1 copies, i think it's not a problem if you need to copy some patched files to sd.

QUOTE(blueyuk @ Dec 17 2008, 01:02 PM)
i cant find the pattern in win hex...is there a way to do download the patched files??also what program do i use for step 4??many thanks

Did you search for the corrected pattern? No the files can't be uploaded here, they contain (lol, it's just 99,999%) code from nintendo.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qleap: ios36? you know we're trying to get it to run without a modchip right? if you have a modchip you can just install ios55 and play it unmodded.
djdynamite: nuke's program will probably only work for people with modchips, if it extracts ios55, it's not going to magically patch it into a cios. this is to save people the hassle of manually installing ios55.

edit: wiipower: no i don't have a modchip or i probably wouldn't be bothering with this. i haven't tried your toy on other games but it seems to be working. it's just that the current patches to main.dol are not enough to get need for speed running, it always freezes at the green screen. normally i have no problem playing pal games, even waninkoko's leaked loader worked fine with my tv.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ppc_gba said:
Qleap: ios36? you know we're trying to get it to run without a modchip right? if you have a modchip you can just install ios55 and play it unmodded.
djdynamite: nuke's program will probably only work for people with modchips, if it extracts ios55, it's not going to magically patch it into a cios. this is to save people the hassle of manually installing ios55.

Hmm, if it's works for modchip users with IOS36, then it should work for backup launchers with a cIOS36. If the pattern is found in the other .dols and need to be patched there too, you sadly need a patched copy of the game.

ppc_gba said:

edit: wiipower: no i don't have a modchip or i probably wouldn't be bothering with this. i haven't tried your toy on other games but it seems to be working. it's just that the current patches to main.dol are not enough to get need for speed running, it always freezes at the green screen. normally i have no problem playing pal games, even waninkoko's leaked loader worked fine with my tv.

If your tv fully supports PAL and NTSC video playback you don't need the video patches, you can just run all games at the games region video mode. I would need to patch some NTSC games, because i use a rgb cable, rgb cales are not compatible with NTSC video playback.

QUOTE(thawkins1 @ Dec 17 2008, 01:10 PM)
Lots of patching. I don't want to play these 2 games that badly...........I'll just wait.

First we have to figure out what's needed in order to get the game(s) working, then a noob friendly version/guide will be published by someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte