Hacking -TUT- How to install BackUp Loader Gamma in 3.4 -TUT-

Ltkort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is my attempt at noob-proof instructions on how to get Gamma installed on your wii.
Any questions, comments, missing credits etc can send via PM to EmperorOfcanada at GBATemp.net
Some parts of this tutorial require an internet connection / Wifi connection with your wii.

*DISCLAIMER*
I WILL TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WII’S THAT GET BRICKED DURING THIS PROCESS. PROCED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

CREDITS:
A_running_pir8 - October 23rd Wii Fix has helped many many people. Thanks!
RadioShadow - Your guide inspired this one. My intention was to make your excellent guide even more fool proof. Thanks!

Anyone who wants the files you can get them HERE.

[Homebrew channel install with Twilight Hack]
+Copy over the save file for your version of Zelda.
**NOTE If you are on firmware 3.4 ONLY, you must delete data.bin and rename Twilight3.4.bin to data.bin before
you copy it over. This ensures you are using the correct version of the hack. You must run Zelda right after you
copy the hack over or the system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it over again.
+Once the hacked save file is copied over, run Zelda. Talk to the nearby man or walk backwards to initiate
the install of the homebrew channel (which is the boot.dol in the root of your SD card)
Congrats, you should now have Homebrew Channel installed!

Or download the new version of the hack!

[STEP 1] [Perform these steps ONLY you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 otherwise Skip to Step 2]

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
**Note: This is NOT the same as the cIOS downgrader. The cIOS downgrader allows you to upgrade or downgrade to the ideal firmware
version which is 3.2. The reason 3.2 is so popular is partially because versions after this one had the Trucha bug fixed, and almost
as importantly ver 3.2 is required to run Starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

http://www.filesavr.com/eocgammapack-anyfirmware

[STEP 2] [Perform these steps if you are NOT on version 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]

+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan
**Note: Once again, this is NOT the same as IOS Downgrader. This is what will upgrade or downgrade you to version 3.2 firmware
which will allow you to install starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

[STEP 3] [You should now be on version 3.2 for your region. You're almost done!]

+Load Starfall with Homebrew Channel.
If you read the disclaimer carefully, you will see you are instructed to press B+1 and not B+2. Press B+1 until you get to the next
screen. It is very picky so dont be surprised if you have to keep pressing it a number of times.
At the next screen the most important things to install are the last 3 options. Many people like to just install everything which
is okay too.

+Run cIOS Installer in Homebrew Channel.
This installs the IOS needed by the launcher.

+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel, one at a time install:
DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad - This will give you a Gamma launcher channel. You can skip this if you prefer to launch backups from HBC.
IOS38-64-v3609.wad - Needed to play Animal Crossing - City Folk

DONE!
Hope this worked for you. All I ask is if this guide helps you, that you pass it to other people you see struggling getting it working.
Enjoy!

I got it from EmperorOfCanada... THNX!

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only thing missing is links. Would make things a hell of a lot easier for noobs!
tongue.gif

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi
I have done everything as you instruct above but gamma launcher doesn't start. when I click on it it shows a black screen and it freezes there. Have I done something wrong? Do you know how to fix it?

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have downloaded gamma channel from somewhere else and it starts normally but gives me error when i try to load it it keeps saying me dvd read error(324) can u help me to deal with this problem??

Kaoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great! ...Until I get to the part where I have to load the IOS Downgrader from the Homebrew Channel. It just turns into a black screen and I keep having to manually turn off my Wii. I tried re-downloading the app and placing it on the SD card multiple times but no go. I'm attempting to downgrade from 3.4U --> 3.2U. Anyone else having similar problems? I've read on other forums that people have problems connecting to the internet but my Wii is hard-wired via ethernet.. so it seems it's a different problem I'm having entirely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate