Hacking 3.4

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only thing on google is the update people thought was 3.4(3.3v2 - "shop channel update") but i haven't heard of an official update making the system menu 3.4

EDIT: LegendaryXP beat me
tongue.gif

oblivious87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother was trying to get WiiGator 0.3 Gamma working on his system.

He went to dinner and came back and all the custom channels were gone and when he checked the system menu, it says he has 3.4U on his system. It's definitely out and it destroyed the homebrew channel and the Twilight Princess Hack no longer works to fix it.

Now if only I could figure out how the hell it updated without him doing anything.

oblivious87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
3.4 is not out .take pics to prove that you have 3.4 on your bro's wii.

He called me from a different state. If you don't believe me, I dare you to do an update, but don't cry to me when all your "illegal" channels disappear.

What purpose would I have to create an account and share an experience I had, just so people didn't update their firmware. Grow up.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if playing VC from the SD is the next update, wouldn't that be 4? that would be a huge step, and if VC from SD is implemented, I'm sure N will add SDHC support, making it System 4...

oblivious87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He claims he walked away from his Wii to go to dinner a couple hours ago, and when he came back, all the channels were gone and his system was updated.

The update fixes a few of the IOS to prevent things like WiiGator's loader and the exploit in Twilight Princess.

apd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oblivious87 said:
He claims he walked away from his Wii to go to dinner a couple hours ago, and when he came back, all the channels were gone and his system was updated.

The update fixes a few of the IOS to prevent things like WiiGator's loader and the exploit in Twilight Princess.

I thought it was illegal to force an update without permission ?

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want to sound rude, but.... something about that picture you posted screams photoshop to me... cant figure out what it is though. Besides, as previously stated, its illegal in the US to update without permission, and that wii appears to be using a US firmware. Did he run an update from Animal Crossing?(Only thing I can think of at the moment, since I dont know if it changes the version number or not.... IF your telling the truth)

oblivious87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apd said:
oblivious87 said:

I thought so too. He tried to put a backed up copy of Animal Crossing in earlier. I'm not really sure of the time frame on everything, I just know he was just trying to get WiiGator's loader to work and now all of his channels are gone and its been updated.

Strange.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
apd said:
oblivious87 said:

I don't think it's illegal, but they really shouldn't.

It looks like the date on the report is today. So that must mean it's brand spakin new?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended