Hacking Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@firmware 3.3 users, if you have the new 3.3 version and/or you did an online update: Don't follow this guide!

The fact, that you are reading this means you have heard about ios247, and you don't know what it is and/or you want to install it. IOS247 is not a certain cIOS, every cIOS can be ios247. It's called that way, because when you install it on your wii, your wii knows it as ios247. EVERY cIOS can be modificated to be any ios, ios23,ios42,ios247,ios133... up to ios254(please don't correct me if 254 is possible but not the highest). The purpose of the modification of one cIOS to be ios247 is to run multiple backup launchers without the need to install/deinstall stuff when switching between the loaders.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short install guide for 0.1 and 0.3b loaders, with ios249 for 0.1 and ios247 for 0.3b:

1. uninstall DVDx, if you had it installed. This can be done with DVDx itself
2. uninstall IOS247 and IOS249 if they exist, AnyTitleDeleter is a good choice for this purpose.

3. use WAD-Manager to install cios_fix by ppc_gba
This cIOS is an improved version of the first backup launcher's cIOS36rev5 (

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant do all of THAT! but if you post an alternitive Boot.dol for the launcher and a CIOSinstaller I will try it! (i think the last loader had better compat even if it did lag a bit...would it still lag, require patching of the ISO?)

thanks in advanced for the time you take to do this
smile.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, knew of it.
Somewhere around here I've already posted it....
But somehow I can't get my dev environment installed proper.
Don't know where's the problem... Maybe my devkitpro doesn't eork on vista, or I got some libraries missing.

I'll try to set it up again.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiShizzza said:
Yeah, knew of it.
Somewhere around here I've already posted it....
But somehow I can't get my dev environment installed proper.
Don't know where's the problem... Maybe my devkitpro doesn't eork on vista, or I got some libraries missing.

I'll try to set it up again.
use this tutorial to set up devkitppc
wink.gif
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2968

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
yess if you want i will upload the podified backup launcher & modified cios installer

Well as im sure you know , i try to keep all of the most up to date files in the zip i have , so if this does both launchers i could put them both on a single zip to ensure maximum compatibility with games.

You guys on here are great - well done on this.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
yess if you want i will upload the podified backup launcher & modified cios installer

yes please and thanks a lot nick
smile.gif
thats awesome
smile.gif
please do include the dol you used ( if it is edited at all) so i can inject it into a backup channel wad (if it isnt the same as the old wad channel i used before of course)
smile.gif
thanks for that nick!
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you nicksasa. I don't have the new SDHC compatible devkitpro/libogc version and if i wanted to post the .dol files i had to update first. Does anybody know where to get the cios retry fix source code?

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is the loader dol also with the "hold b-button for config menu"? if not, is their a way to combine them...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: