www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
essentialgames.png
GBAtemp Recommends! Golden Sun
G.R. Issue #1 (GBA)
gbatrec.png
Welcome to GBAtemp Recommends! This is the first of a weekly magazine feature in which the GBAtemp Staff recommend classic Game Boy Advance titles. These titles are the best of the best from the GBA library, so dig out your GBA's and your Visoly's and relive GBAtemp's past with these top titles!

If you'd like to share tips, challenges, and generally discuss the GBAtemp Recommends! Game of the Week, feel free to join #grGBA on the GBAtemp Official Chat channel.

GBAtemp Recommends!

Golden Sun
gt0171.png
gt0171.png
What can we say about Golden Sun? This is a shining example of what could be done on the Game Boy Advance, and when released, was a breath of fresh air from all the shovelware that was finding it's way to the GBA so early in its life. Golden Sun is a great RPG with stunning graphics and a solid story line.

#0171: Golden Sun (U) (Mode7)
Genre: RPG
Publisher: Nintendo
Dumped on: 07/11/2001
ROM Size: 64Mbit

Game Synopsis said:
In a dark time, an epic adventure begins as evil slowly envelops the world! The forces of darkness are pursuing the lost art of Alchemy, and as they draw ever closer to their foul purpose, mankind's future hangs in the balance. You and your companions are the last hope: armed with noble weapons, mysterious Psynergy and a host of elemental creatures, you must find a way to stem the evil tide. Your ordinary life is over, as a Golden Sun rises above you and forever broadens your horizon!
gicon.jpg
View in G-Online
mcukow.png
Game Walkthrough & FAQ
pm.png
PM a staff member with Suggestions for next Weeks G.R!
discuss.png
Discuss

Nothing yet!

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
*loves the idea*

I actually bought a used copy of Golden Sun recently, and I'll be playing through this sucker soon. :yaygba:

Also, what do you guys think of having a IRC channel about GBAtemp Recommends - you can share tips, give each other different challenges, and generally just discuss the game while playing through?
smile.gif

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've heard lots of optimistic ideas and thoughts on this game. I downloaded bought it. Played it, then never went back to it. I can never say I'm bored, because I have tons of good games I have never even played yet.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the must-own RPGs on GBA and even still today on DS. It's still considered a standard for portable role-playing that publishers must recognize. Hopefully, Camelot will once again grace the masses with another RPG someday.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
I fell in love with this game after just playing it for a couple of minutes! Loved the graphics, the setting, story, combat system and one of the things i enjoyed the most was the soundtrack!
biggrin.gif

Anyways i think the whole gbatemp recommends is a cool ide and Golden Sun is an awesome game to start it with
wink.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, my favorite game of all time right on the 1st edition! Guys, you gotta be sincere, the GBA was an awesome console, no doubt, but Golden Sun was its golden child (pun fully intended).
tongue.gif

Edit: Dumped on my birthday, too. xD I was...9 back then. Oh the good ol' days.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Broken Skye said:
I got bored like... 2 min into it. >_>
mad.gif
Golden Sun is awesome!
Turn based RPGs FTW. I love nearly every single turn based RPG. Oh and ATB too.
Wish there were more of them
frown.gif

Golden Sun is like early FF games, except better.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
jdbye said:
Broken Skye said:
I got bored like... 2 min into it. >_>
mad.gif
Golden Sun is awesome!
Turn based RPGs FTW. I love nearly every single turn based RPG. Oh and ATB too.
Wish there were more of them
frown.gif

You can say that again. Final Fantasy IV helped me think about this gem on the DS, and how it would be like, and I ended up loving the FF series too.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Golden Sun on two different occasions, it was just too slow for me. But then again I also say this about many popular RPGs I dislike (Dragon Quest, Earthbound...) If you're an RPG nut then this is for you.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Gaisuto said:
I've tried Golden Sun on two different occasions, it was just too slow for me. But then again I also say this about many popular RPGs I dislike (Dragon Quest, Earthbound...) If you're an RPG nut then this is for you.

Eh, well, I dislike both of the RPGs you stated, but Golden Sun is an exception...at least for me. xD

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Whilst Golden Sun is a good game, how about something slightly more obscure next time? I mean, who doesn't know about Golden Sun after asking for GBA game recommendations? It's usually the only reply they'll get. It seems to be the GBA's equivalent of Final Fantasy VII.

Since shaunj66 says after this post that members can make suggestions, I'm going to go dig through my folders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.