Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't say for sure, but i stumbled across this video by linkinworm not long ago, and it seems legit, i personally cannot see any reason too say it is fake, looking at his other vids this is more than likely not fake, no fades or cuts...... what do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yBTsNwOO1I

Edit: It seems a new video has been posted with sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzB8_F339g

MOD EDIT:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION, FLAMING, ETC WARRENTS A SUSPENSION
Replying to offtopic posts to point out they are offtopic is just as bad. Use the report button instead.

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I've heard mixed reviews about this linkinworm guy. He's been pretty helpful to me in the past. I think, maybe it was someone else o.o Who knows, could be real.

also, don't get your hopes up. since the bushing's letter about the exploit, there have been countless fake "iso/backup loaders"

edit: sweetness
biggrin.gif
oh and btw i remember linkin now from his avatar/sig. he's a pretty trustworthy guy, hasn't put up false info yet. not to mention waninkoko has been revealed as the creator.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be real.
Linkinworm hasn't done anything false or anything, and at least he didn't come out of nowhere like "HEY GUIEZ! I JUST MADE A ISO LOAD-R! BUT I'M NOT RELEASING IT YET! SRY!!!"

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well whats the likelyhood that linkinworm would fake it? has he made any other fakes in the past?......then again i only found this vid by chance so :S

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully we get a release soon. Totally selling my modded wii if thats the case.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It seems to be real because
- The things written in the console screen makes sense

But still there are a few flaws.. maybe too much flaws
smile.gif

- Green flashing in the screen
- And the elf file loading too fast
- Video has no sound (To cover sound sync issues, if the backup play is actually video?)
- Button presses in the wiimote and screen do not sync well

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linkinworm seems like a pretty trustworthy guy. When everyone was on his case a while back up the Waninkoko apps release, was he not telling the truth then?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:

But still there are a few flaws..
- Video has no sound (To cover sound sync issues, if the backup play is actually video?)
hi, greenscreen is just a refresh thing, the elf isnt huge, and the sound is cos my cam doesnt have speaker, if you watch my other vids you see i have no sound on them aswell, if needs be ill upload another vid, and ill try set you the camera straight and not moving about
smile.gif
or ill get my mate to bring his webcam so i can use my laptop mics for sound.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
don't wii games usually throw an error on the screen when you eject a disc? At the end of the video he ejects the disc, but the game continues to run before the video ends. Also, notice that he didn't use the pointer on the screen, but used the dpad to make selections? Why would he do that ? I don't know, but to me it looks rather fake.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
dohclude said:
don't wii games usually throw an error on the screen when you eject a disc? At the end of the video he ejects the disc, but the game continues to run before the video ends. Also, notice that he didn't use the pointer on the screen, but used the dpad to make selections? Why would he do that ? I don't know, but to me it looks rather fake.
i didnt use pointer because u cant see the screen from that far away, thats why i went close, and no it doesnt give errors, try it your self, as long as the disk isnt being read,

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
WiiCrazy said:

hi, greenscreen is just a refresh thing, the elf isnt huge, and the sound is cos my cam doesnt have speaker, if you watch my other vids you see i have no sound on them aswell, if needs be ill upload another vid, and ill try set you the camera straight and not moving about
smile.gif

Well my first response was "it could be real" actually... Apploader + dvd read exploit + custom ios'es, it was possible..

But your video is not perfect.. it's open to fake or not fake debate
smile.gif
maybe better this way
smile.gif

What about the first disc? Has it any actual use? Is the game especially patched to work in the backup loader? And why that chess game no one would care about ?
smile.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
linkinworm said:
WiiCrazy said:

smile.gif

Well my first response was "it could be real" actually... Apploader + dvd read exploit + custom ios'es, it was possible..

But your video is not perfect.. it's open to fake or not fake debate
smile.gif
maybe better this way
smile.gif

What about the first disc? Has it any actual use? Is the game especially patched to work in the backup loader? And why that chess game no one would care about ?
smile.gif
the 1st disk was mario kart, or galaxy i cant remember, i was just showing that i cant boot backups, because i dont have a drivechip, i used the chess game because the game ISO has to be made in a special way for it to load. wii chess was about 24 megs so it was easy to work with
tongue.gif
hope that helps

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
the 1st disk was mario kart, or galaxy i cant remember, i was just showing that i cant boot backups, because i dont have a drivechip, i used the chess game because the game ISO has to be made in a special way for it to load. wii chess was about 24 megs so it was easy to work with
tongue.gif
hope that helps

So, going on the assumption that your video is real. Will your method work on other Games? And when do you plan on releasing (or get pee'd off with everyone on GBATemp and 'stop' the project
tongue.gif
)

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whatever the case at the moment It's not ready "if real" at the minute so until concrete evidence and a whole lot less buggy this isn't anything to really jump around about.

but if real then good going and hopefully something worth jumping for is on the horizons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: