[PPOTW] Do you keep, trade, or sell your games?

Do you keep, trade, or sell your games?

• Keep forever

Votes: 336 72.7%
  • Trade for the next game I want

Votes: 36 7.8%
  • Sell for cash

Votes: 61 13.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 29 6.3%

• Total voters

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I used to keep them all years ago but now I only keep rare and collector's editions that I think will be worth a lot of cash for when my son is my age.
I very rarely buy on release day now and if I do, I finish a game quickly and ebay it usually getting back most of money, or sometimes a bit more towards the next game.
Doing this, one full price retail release day game becomes 6 or 7 games via buying and selling on ebay!

Reactions: calmwaters

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
No voting option for me as i do both depending on the game.

If it's a game i really enjoyed playing then i'll keep, otherwise i'll either give away or sell/ part exchange.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recall a similar thread but hey.

Post my being about 14 I usually keep all my games unless I trade/give them to a friend, having younger siblings means games tend to evaporate at a rate faster that physics might dictate.

I will quite happily buy from those wishing to trade or sell their games though and will frequent shops that do this. As some others seem to find it odd I have no issues with buying from said shops as a gift either.

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Keep. Selling a game feels like losing a family member to me. Plus, they look good on the shelf. And, I like to have them and install them when I want to play rather than wait days for them to download...

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I usually keep my games, I know that in the future I'll want to play again all of my games. the only games I could trade/sell would be old versions of upgraded games, like sports games(that I don't like anyway) and fighting games(I'm looking at you Street Fighter and Ark System Works) just to buy the upgraded version.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on the game and my needs at the time. I have two categories of games on my shelf. There's one section for games that flat out aren't going anywhere ever if I have anything to say about it, the elite titles that I will replay many times and I would deem my collection incomplete without. Then there's the trade-in pile of games I've either finished or gotten bored of, these are available to trade in towards other projects or to sell for cash if the need arises. Most of the time time I manage to keep my budget balanced and so they are traded in at their higher value for new games, but whenever something unexpected like the water bill I got the other day being much higher than anticipated occurs, they're generally sold for cash instead. I'll only ever trade games from the Elites group in if 1) my need is truly dire, as in rent won't be paid unless I do or there's no food left, or 2) A superior version is available that makes the current model obsolete.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It, like my choice in diapers, depends.

Some games are worth keeping, and some games just aren't. If you're not going to play the game again and have no real attachment to it, might as well get all the value back that you can.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It really depends if I know that I'll be able to get the game easily down the road. So games like New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3 that I traded in, I know I can get easily again years from now (if thats how long it takes).

But games like The Last of Us, or perhaps even GTA5, might not be so easy.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Kept them until about 2 years ago, now I trade them online for other games. Just traded birth by sleep for arkham city and street fighter x tekken

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get rid of my games. I bought them; they're mine. But I do have two exceptions: the first one was when I traded 5 games to GS so I could get Thor (which I loved). I only paid $3 for the brand new game. The second one was when I traded in my copy of the Green Lantern game for Captain America. That was a fucking mistake. That's my experience with trading: not fun.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Mostly I keep my games, but I do occasionally sell the ones I really don't like for credit. It's probably been a year since I last sold a game, lol.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only game that I've ever tried to trade in was Oblivion, only because I was planning to buy Oblivion GOTY. And EB Games told me they'd have to charge me $1 if they were to accept it, so I was pretty much forced to keep it. Other than that, I have never traded in nor sold any of my games.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I usually keep my games since I don't really need the money. The only game I sold was D3 because I really didn't like it. Games I don't like I usually give away. The ones that I find decent or better make great dust collectors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped